Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A few of my cakes

One night I was watching a cake show and decided that I could do that.   Ummmmmm..... it was harder than I thought.   So I am slowly teaching myself cake decorating.   These are a few of the cakes that I've made.  I'm hoping to add many more! 

What was I thinking when I decided to make this the first cake I attempted.  Z really wanted a red race car cake for his 3rd birthday.    It turned out better than I thought it would when I was 1/2 way done.  

Just two days before his birthday Z decided he wanted an elephant cake!  The elephant on the cake had to have a watermelon like the ones at the zoo did.  I made candy clay to make all of the figures.  Another first but it was enjoyable. 
Please ignore the horrible handwriting!  That's next on my list I think. 

Q is pretty simple when it comes to his birthday cakes.  As long as it has lots of frosting and it's blue he's happy.  Poor kid was sick with hand, foot and mouth disease on his birthday so I made this to cheer him up.   

He then became obsessed with Lightning McQueen so I had to make another one.  
I made it special for him! 
Brody is just now catching on to requesting special cakes.  This year was pizza.  

Zander is pondering his cake for this year.  He had been talking about something simple like a baseball but has decided it needs to be more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment